Friday, March 01, 2013

. . . and two projects finished :)

I've had some bad nights this last few nights and, because of the pain I'm in, I couldn't sleep. Rather than sit there in the dark feeling more and more upset, I decided to have a go at finishing off my two projects.

I could only crochet for 10 minutes at a time, then take a break, then crochet again, but it amazed me how much I was able to do in that way. Because of this extra time, I was able to finish both projects.

I finished the Cat Neck Pillow first but I was very disappointed with it, as I sewed the eyes too far apart, had stuffed the body too much, and hadn't made a great job of sewing the nose, mouth and whiskers - in fact, I thought it was quite ugly!

Hubby, on the other hand, seemed to fall in love with this unfortunate creature, and immediately adopted it for his own, calling it 
Gunther Claude :) (He always manages to find unusual names for unusual creatures).

Here is the finished article:




I am going to try and make one again, as I'm determined to get it right, but this poor chap will stay firmly ensconced in hubby's possession :)

My second project was a bag, as I'd not attempted one before. I decided that I wasn't going to do something large and time consuming, so I chose a pattern that I came across online - something appropriate to me - a child's Owl Bag.

I was quite pleased with how this turned out:



I think that, if I try this pattern again, I'm going to increase the chains, so that it is much larger, as the bag itself only turned out as 12 x 12 cms (4" x 4"). Although only large enough for a small child, I'm very pleased with how it turned out - although I'm going to have to invest in some smaller black buttons to use as eyes, as I think the ones I used were a little bit too big.

I'm already planning my next project. I belong to a group online called The Crochet Crowd, and they've got a project running at the moment called the 'Octagon & Square Throw Pattern'.

There have already been lots of throws completed, with their pictures being shown online, so I'm hoping to join them within the next week or so :)


I'll let you know how I get on :)

In the meantime, my cat, Kushka, was waiting patiently for me to finish taking photos of Gunther, so I quickly took a snap of her - and here it is:


The flash caught her eyes, and she now lives up to her name in this photo - Kushka Mistyeyes! Lol

Her collar is partly opened, and we seem to spend lots of time each day in tucking it closed, but then, the next time we see her, there it is, open again!

Hubby is totally convinced that she does it deliberately, as if it were a sign of her field cred! Lol



No comments: