Thursday, November 22, 2012

And the crocheting goes on . . .

I don't know why, but I've become almost addicted to crocheting. 

It's got to the point where I don't even read for pleasure any more, as I'm just itching to get back to whatever project I'm doing :)

I have to admit, I've been a real little busy-bee since I last posted - mainly with crocheting stuff for my daughter, so she's got plenty of warm woollen stuff to wear, as Bristol, where she lives, is getting very much colder as the winter deepens:)

So far, apart from the ear-warmer/headbands I'd already done, I've crocheted her a Slouchy Mesh Tam O'Shanter (the instructions posted by simplycrochet2021, at the following: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiZ2PPZ25eQ).

I've also done an extra slouchy Beanie, also posted by simplycrochet2021, and I needed the extra room, so that my daughter can fit all her dreads in it, while staying snug and warm.

I've also made a chain scarf, and I got the pattern from YouTube, from my absolute favourite crochet instructor, Claire, who goes under the name of BobWilson123 - to be found at:

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APDUf2bpQQQ

I've also crocheted a Scoodie for her - a mix between a scarf and hood - and I've also completed one pair of leg warmers for her, with another half finished, and a third pair planned for after that :)

Then I'm going to be making a pair of fingerless mittens to go with each of the leg-warmers, so she's colour coordinated {grin}

I've just this minute finished making two 3-strand headbands (the pattern for these is at BobWilson123 once more) - one of these for my daughter, and the other for her good friend Shosh, known as the Flower Fairy. 

I'm particularly happy with these, as it allowed me to let my creative streak run wild {grin}






I'm still really busy with all the different things I need to complete - and I've also got to finish off the blanket I've been crocheting for myself, in a gorgeous Wavy Shell pattern, which I'm hoping to finish fairly soon - well, at least before the cold weather really strikes, anyway :)

I do tend to have 2 or 3 projects on the go at once, as I've found it stops me getting bored, especially when I'm having to do a repetitious pattern :)

I've got so very many projects I want to do, which means I'll probably be busy with things for the next 5 years!

A very nice way to pass the time, though, don't you think? :)



No comments: