Friday, April 27, 2012

Yay! 78%, and nearly at the end!

I was both shocked, and delighted, when my score came in for TMA 05. I managed to get a score of 78%, the highest score so far for this course!


I'm both delighted, and very nervous now, as this raises expectations for the next, and final, TMA, which I know I won't be able to match :(


Not only am I 2 weeks behind with this next one, but I won't be able to have an extension to catch up, as that would eat into my End of Module Assessment, and there's definitely no extension's allowed for that!


So I'm going to have to skim-read a couple of weeks work, and hope I absorb enough to be able to write at least a coherent TMA 06. But, whatever happens with it, at least I would have tried! :)


____________________________________________


I've also had some great news from my daughter, who is a professional stilt-walker, based in Bristol. 


She's had the chance of getting to the 2012 Burning Man festival, in the USA, as she's teamed up with the Fireworks Collective, a group of around 40 performers who use fire in their acts, and who go out there regularly to perform.


They've just launched an appeal for funding, which will pay for developing and building the props they'll be using, the cost of fuel and safety equipment both here in the UK while they practise their routines, and in the USA for the performances, the costumes for the performers, and the cost of transporting the props and gear to the USA, and back again.


All of the performers will be paying their own fares and living costs, so the money raised will be going just for the above. 


I've already donated my bit towards it all, and am looking forward to receiving a sticker designed by a top London Graffiti artist as a gift for my contribution :)


The link for their site is:


http://igg.me/p/96902?a=574885


Hope you go to the site, and see the wonderful photos already posted, and you'll be able to read up all about what's happening so far - and see how awesome it's going to be! :)


No comments: