Thursday, February 23, 2012

Procrastination is the name of the game . . .

Well, I've managed to hit the 1,400 word mark, so only another 600 words to go, and I'll be done!


Oh dear :~(


I've never in all my OU years struggled as much as I am at the moment, with both the course work, and my poor state of health, and I have to admit to getting pretty fed up with both!


I've got pretty good at procrastination recently, which doesn't help, but, at times, it's the only way I can cope with everything, and so it reduces stress in me, and so the migraines don't come at such close intervals.


While going through a period of procrastination, I went onto Facebook (as you do), and looked through the various sites shown. Through a link with one of my student friends, I came across this quote, which I thought very relevant to our government at the moment:


The morality, or lack of, in our government today, is only a reflection of the world at large, and so we shouldn't be surprised at its grasping and greedy mentality, where there is more concern over filling their own, and their fat-cat friend's pockets is the first concern, and the role of taking care of those in need, the ill, the disabled, the elderly, the needy, are their last concern.



Quote by Pierre Joseph Proudhon (introduction to book by 'the Lioness.'

To be governed is to be watched over, inspected, spied on, directed, legislated at, regulated, docketed, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, assessed, weighed, censored, ordered about, by men who have neither the right, nor the knowledge, nor the virtue. ...

To be governed is to be at every operation, at every transaction, noted, registered, enrolled, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished.

It is, under the pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be placed under contribution, trained, ransomed, exploited, monopolized, extorted, squeezed, mystified, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, despised, harassed, tracked, abused, clubbed, disarmed, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and, to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, outraged, dishonoured.

That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality.




It actually says in the bible, at Revelation, just how the world orders will behave - and we can see it in action today! 




No comments: