Sunday, December 25, 2011

The results are in . . .

. . . and I got a quite healthy 70% for my TMA 02.


More than I thought I would get, truth to tell, and probably more than I deserve, given that so much of what I am reading isn't sticking :(


In all truth, I was on the point of contacting the OU and giving up this course, especially with my health being at an all-time low right now. I have just been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, as well as Lupus, so I'm not a very happy bunny, to put it mildly. In fact, I've slept so much over this last week, that this is the first opportunity I've had to actually write in my blog, especially as my results came in a week ago.


I wrote to my tutor, setting out my problems, but she seems to think that I've actually got a better grasp of the course than I think I have, and she is encouraging me to keep on trying, as she says things will be a little easier, the further along I go in the course. 


I'm not sure I believe her, to be honest with you, but I'm giving myself a couple of weeks study free, so that I can try to recover a little health-wise, without the stress of the course making things worse for me. But I know that I really do need to keep on studying, as TMA 03 is due to be posted by noon on 12th January, and I'm already a week behind in my course work again.


I guess, all I can do is try each day to do a little bit, working on the next TMA as I go along, hoping, and praying, that I get enough right to keep passing each TMA, until I either recover enough to catch up, or, please God, find the course easier to absorb, as my tutor tells me I will.


I'm finding the idea of this being my last course with the OU rather more pleasing than I have ever done in the past but, rather than looking forward to a completely study-free future, have decided that I'm going to concentrate on my story writing in the future, with the research needed, for this to be a success.


No matter what happens, though, I know I will always be grateful to the OU, for teaching me how to do proper research, and then to be able to write a decent story from the results of my research, and I'm hoping this will hold me in good stead when I make the attempt in the future :)



No comments: