Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Open University are definitely OK by me!



Due to the various health problems I suffer with, I've been having more and more trouble with holding the books I need for my various modules. My last module was the hardest yet, and was also the hardest to cope with, health-wise, especially as I had a really bad flare-up of more than one health issue, which continued throughout the whole course, particularly at the beginning, and at the end. 


So it was with delight that I received a parcel in the post, from the OU, containing a CD-Rom, which has supplied me with all of the PDF's for my latest, and last, module, starting in October!


The OU have included both course books, the 2 study guides, and the course guide on it, which means that, when I'm in too much pain to move, let alone hold a book, I'll still be able to keep up with my reading, using the CD-Rom.


I don't know how good it will be as yet, at least, not until I start the module. Due to my health being so variable, I never know from one day to the next, as to whether I can study or not. But one thing is certain - the Open University have gone that extra yard for me, once again!


In the meantime, while I wait for the module to begin, I can at least have a good read of the course books, and this will give me some idea as to how I will be able to cope with whatever my health allows :)


I'm so very glad I joined up with the OU 6 years ago. They have done everything within their power to help me get to this place - just one more module, and I hope, and pray, I will have my BA (Hon) Humanities with Literature! {grin} 


The confidence this has given me is absolutely priceless, especially as I started this journey feeling totally and utterly useless, both in myself, and in relation to those around me who love and care for me. 
I don't know whether I'll ever be well enough to use all the things I have been taught in my time with the OU but, for a certainty, it has kept me sane, kept my short-term memory loss from getting too advanced, and has also kept the depths of depression I suffer with at a manageable level.


Thank you OU!






.

No comments: