Thursday, May 19, 2011

And yet another version . . .



Between attacks of migraine, I'm managing to add yet more words to my EMA. It's coming on slowly, with yet more changes every time I read it - in fact, it's a totally different version to the one I started off with which, I guess, is normal for me :/


I don't know why, but I've always edited as I've written. I've never been a one to write down absolutely everything in my head, and then come back later to edit and tighten it up. It's as if I have my own, personal, editing suite in my head, that just happens to be switched on all the time!


But the good news, is that I'm almost there with the word count and, with a bit more (or lot more) tweaking, it'll be complete within the next few days - and in plenty of time to submit before the end date!


On another note, I went to both the optician and my doctor today, in the hopes that the migraines were being caused by a need for new glasses. I did need new glasses but, unfortunately, that wasn't the trigger for the migraines :(


My doctor has changed one of my new tablets as, although they are good at raising the serotonin levels, which tend to become low with people who have fibro like I do, there is also the risk that these are the things causing the migraines. 
Unfortunately, he has prescribed Amitriptyline for me - something I tried before, and which caused me to become  a zombie! I wish I'd realised what he was doing before I had the prescription done, as I know they don't suit me at all!
I've also been prescribed Imigram to help stave off the migraines before they hit full strength, and also another tablet called Pizotifen, another tablet that helps to prevent migraines and cluster headaches, which I've started to get, so I'm hoping and praying they do the trick, as I've enough to cope with as it is, without this!


I'm hoping I'll have my new glasses within the week and, by then I should have finished writing my EMA. If so, I'm looking forward to reading a book that has absolutely nothing to do with studying! Even better, if the tabs my doctor prescribed for me start working properly, it should mean that I can read for more than  30 minutes at a time, for the first time in absolutely months!


Oh, I really, really hope so!

No comments: