Saturday, July 18, 2009

And another poem is being published!

I opened my post yesterday, and one of the letters I had informed me that, although I hadn't won 1st prize in the poetry contest I'd entered, they did wish to publish my poem, St David Was Born Here, in a new anthology called 'A Guiding Light'.
I am well pleased about this, as the more work I have out there, the better chance I have of being seen one day, maybe!
We can all dream I suppose . . .
There's no money in it, but I don't care much at the moment - it's just lovely that I was considered good enough to publish, especially as this was a national competition, so there must have been tons of entries! I also get to keep the copyright of my poem, which I'm pleased about as, one day, I'd love to be able to gather all my poems together in an anthology solely for my own work - now that is a goal to aim for!

On the sci-fi story front - still no news. But I keep the axiom that no news is good news firmly in mind, and I'm hoping that the longer it takes, the more chance there is that my story will be accepted . . .

Only another 20 days to go before we get our ECA results! I'm really starting to get nervous with all the waiting. Mind you, all the other students I've spoken to are in exactly the same boat, and we all think it a kind of torture, to have to wait so long after submission for the results - and, yes, we all understand the sheer volume of stuff that needed to be marked, and marked fairly to boot - but it doesn't stop the knee-jerk reaction we all seem to have that we'll fail miserably for one reason or another. I don't suppose there's even one student out there who isn't looking at the work they've done, and haven't found something that they think is a glaringly bad mistake! Lol
But, whatever happens, I'm fairly sure the majority of us will pass, some with distinction, no doubt, although I'll never be able to place myself in that category - my poor old memory makes sure of that! Lol

In the meantime, we all wait, and hope, and desperately try to distract ourselves with whatever we can until D-Day arrives.

Whatever your marks out there, well done for completing your course!


.

1 comment:

pinkgecko said...

Congratulations. And if it helps,I have found a glaring typo on the first page of my TMA. One of those the spell check doesn't pick up because it's still a real word. I am also now having serious doubts about the story. I will be very happy to pass though.

Good Luck.